Tired of the same old chicken recipes? Try this versatile marinade. It works well with all chicken parts. And you can either bake your marinated chicken or grill it. Best of all the prep time for the marinade is less than 5 minutes. Besides the chicken you will only need six other ingredients and a Ziplock bag.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 chicken thighs or breasts, or 12 chicken wings or 12 chicken drumsticks
- Combine light brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, red pepper flakes, curry powder and garlic in a large Ziploc bag. Add chicken. Seal and marinade at least 4 hours or overnight. Be sure to turn occasionally.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees or pre heat your grill to medium high heat.
- If oven cooking: place chicken in single layer in baking pan along with marinade. Bake for 1 hour.
- If grilling: remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Place marinade in saucepan. Bring to boil and let cook for 1 minute. Use cooked marinade for basting on grill.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray and place chicken on grill. Turn and baste chicken pieces with marinade frequently. Grill for 20 minutes or until chicken is done with internal temperature reading at 165 degrees.