In a hurry? Who says you can’t whip up a main dish in 15 minutes? Tacos are one of my go to recipes for those days where I just don’t feel like cooking an elaborate meal. The best part is everyone gets to build their own tacos with items they want. So the picky eaters in your family will even be happy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 12-15 flour or corn tortillas
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to saute pan. Turn heat to medium high. When oil begins to ripple, add ground beef.
- Brown ground beef separating into small pieces.
- While beef is browning, mix together chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and cumin in small bowl.
- Add seasonings to beef and stir. Add tablespoon of cold water to help seasoning mix and coat meat.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then turn down heat to low. Cover pan. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat up your tortillas either in the microwave, on a pan or over your gas burners. (Yes, I am guilty of doing the later..)
- Serve with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese or any cheese you enjoy
- Sour Cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced green or white onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Your favorite salsa
- Sliced olives
- Sliced jalapeno