Do you stock up on chicken breasts when they are on sale at your local grocery store? I know I always do. My freezer can testify to that. But now that you have all that chicken, just what are you going to make with it? With just a few ingredients you can make this easy and delicious chicken.
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Mexican Blend seasoning (cumin, garlic, paprika, white pepper, thyme and onion)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can, 28 oz Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (or your favorite salsa verde)
- Heat saute pan to medium high and add olive oil. (Be sure your saute pan has a lid.)
- Meanwhile season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Mexican seasoning.
- When oil begins to ripple, carefully add chicken breasts to pan.
- Cook chicken breasts for 3 minutes and then flip over and cook other side of chicken breasts for another 3 minutes.
- Next slowly add the can of Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce to chicken.
- When the sauce begins to boil, lower heat to medium low; cover with lid and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with refried beans, vegetables or rice. And if you want to make the chicken even more savory, add Mexican blend cheese over the chicken and drizzle with pan sauce. Enjoy!