One of the things I like on a hot summer day is a nice cold slice of watermelon. So why not take it to the next level and make an icy cold watermelon refreshing beverage? I used ginger ale for this version. But you can most certainly make this an adult drink and substitute rum or tequila. And instead of using ice cubes, try putting some watermelon chunks on a baking tray for a few hours in the freezer and use these watermelon “ice cubes” instead.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon chunks for blending; Additional 1 cup to freeze for watermelon ice cubes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale (12 oz can) or liquor of choice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- In a blender, puree the watermelon, ginger ale (or liquor) and lime juice.
- Strain if desired. And pour into a pitcher.
- Stir in the mint and serve over ice. (Or watermelon ice cubes.)
This should yield 4 servings.