Once upon a time, when I was new to holiday baking, I used to do a day and night long marathon of making all my holiday sweets in one day. And I mean ALL of them. (Three types of cookies, fudge and one or two desserts for the holiday dinner. Yikes! ) Now that I am older and maybe, a tad bit wiser, I have learned to spread my holiday sweets creating to the 3-5 days before the holiday festivities. Here is another fudge recipe that requires no baking and easy enough for beginning cooks to follow.
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Ocean Spray Craisins)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Grease a 9 X 9 square baking pan with butter or line with foil and cover with baking spray.
- In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, add chocolate chips, marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk. Keep stirring until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract, heavy cream, cashews and dried cranberries. Immediately pour into prepared baking pan.
- Meanwhile combine white chocolate chips and vegetable oil into a microwavable bowl and melt in 30 second intervals. Stir after every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate mixture over the top of your fudge.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until fudge is firm. Cut and serve as desired.
Store in an airtight container. Refrigerated, fudge will keep 2-3 weeks.
I didn’t have any patience when drizzling the white chocolate. Yours will be much prettier I’m sure.