Okay, so these cookies may not be the prettiest holiday cookies. But they may be some of the tastiest. I found some holiday red and green colored semisweet chocolate chips to up the festive factor. But you can use regular semisweet chocolate chips. Who can resist a chocolate chip cookie? Better yet, one with three types of chocolate chips plus dried cranberries? Leave some out for Santa. You might get an extra special gift.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet holiday red and green chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 large baking sheets with non stick baking mats or use parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a mixer, combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 batches, stirring until just combined.
- Add the dried cherries, and the 3 types of chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Mix manually with a wooden spoon until chips and cherries are combined.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake until light golden brown and just set, 8-10 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: These cookies can be baked ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.