I was originally going to make this recipe with chicken breasts. Then I discovered I actually only had chicken wings on hand. Oops. Good thing I did have a pack of thin cut pork chops. While I was hesitant at first, I am glad I made the substitution. Crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside and quite tasty from the garlic and cheese combination. If you are in a rush you will love that these can be prepared and cooked in less than 30 minutes as well.
- 4 thin cut boneless pork chops (you can use thick cut or bone-in but remember to adjust cooking time)
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley, reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large shallow bowl combine Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and Italian parsley. Mix well and set aside.
- Prepare pork chops by covering each piece in olive oil. Be sure the pork chops are well coated on both sides.
- Individually dip pork chops into Panko mixture. Pat down on both sides to ensure even coverage. Place covered pork chops on non stick baking pan.
- Bake pork chops for 15-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. Garnish with reserved Parmesan cheese and Italian Parsley.