So this happened. I know it is not the healthiest thing I can share with you. But curiosity and my daughter’s insistence got the better of me. The big cereal milkshake craze. Was it really worth all the hype? Well if bringing back cereal from your childhood combined with an ice cold vanilla milkshake doesn’t just make you want to smile, I don’t know what will. This isn’t technically much of a recipe your 4 year old couldn’t think up on their own. But hey, as the saying goes, “You are only as old as you feel.”
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles (or your choice of cereal)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 big scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- your choice of whipped topping
- extra cereal to sprinkle on top
- Add the cereal and milk together in a bowl or measuring cup. Let sit in refrigerator for 2-3 minutes. Just enough time for the milk to absorb the cereal flavor.
- Meanwhile scoop ice cream into your blender.
- Add milk and cereal to ice cream in blender. Blend to desired consistency.
- Pour in glass and garnish with whipped topping and additional cereal.
This makes one large serving. Or split into two smaller portions. Sharing is caring. 🙂