Once again, another recipe created because I was too lazy to go back to the store. This time I actually got all the ingredients for chicken kabobs. But I forgot I was out of propane for my grill. Now, I’m sure you are thinking I could have just made them in the oven or on my stove in a grill pan. (Well, I don’t actually have a grill pan, because I like to use my gas grill…) Anyway, this came out pretty tasty and the garlic made the kitchen smell delicious. I didn’t go through with skewering them. Instead just roasted everything. As always, feel free to switch up to your favorite vegetables. And for you vegetarians, just leave out the chicken. (Yes, I’m thinking about you, Sue!)
- 1 pound small red potatoes, sliced into fourths
- 6-8 asparagus spears, sliced into thirds
- 5-6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut in half, then cut into chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cover large baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add vegetables and chicken. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika and olive oil. Combine to coat vegetables and chicken evenly.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Spread out so vegetables and chicken are an even layer.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.