Sometimes I just want something quick and easy to make. This recipe is exactly that. I spent more time prepping and cutting than anything. And I was still done in less than 30 minutes. Can’t beat that. Technically, I think the only thing Hawaiian about this recipe is the pineapple.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- garlic powder
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 4 large tortillas, or 6-8 fajita size tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces to pan and season with pepper and garlic powder.
- Continue to cook chicken pieces until cooked through and golden brown. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
- When chicken is done cooking, turn off heat. Add barbecue sauce to the pan and toss chicken to coat.
- Place a warmed tortilla on a plate. Layer with chopped romaine, a spoonful of barbecue chicken, pineapple, onion, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Roll up burrito style and if needed, secure with a toothpick.
- Serve immediately.