Do you ever crave fried foods? Or am I the only one who will admit it? Well, I crave fried foods, but I don’t necessarily give in to my cravings. I find other ways to satiate the craving. Instead of battered and deep fried vegetables, how about something a little lighter and just as tasty? Great taste, less guilt.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees . Meanwhile, coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini and squash into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Put zucchini and squash rounds into a large bowl and add olive oil. Toss to cover all the rounds.
- In a smaller bowl, add Parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture. Be sure to evenly coat on both sides by pressing the coating on to stick.
- Place dipped rounds onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake zucchini and squash rounds for 25-30 minutes, until rounds are browned and crisp.
- Serve immediately. I like to serve with a low fat zesty ranch dressing.