Do you need a quick dessert or treat you can bake? Do you need something easy to make with the kids? Or perhaps, you just want something sweet to eat? I wasn’t going to publish this recipe because it’s so simple and there’s probably hundreds of variations of it. But I haven’t made anything new to blog about this week. And I know I always like to find quick, semi-homemade recipes like this. So why not share?
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups M&M’s (I used 1 cup regular plain M&M’s and 1 cup dark chocolate M&M’s)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with aluminum foil and coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, melted butter and oil. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in M&M’s and spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting into squares.
From five ingredients to tasty cookie bars!