Sometimes, not often mind you, I want to eat a great big salad for dinner. Not your little foo foo salad. I mean something that is so delicious and satisfying that you won’t be hungry 4 hours later type of salad. I like to use whatever fruits, nuts and vegetables I have on hand. And of course, I always have an extra cooked chicken breast in my refrigerator that I can add as well. Feel free to make as much or as little as you like. And also feel free to add or substitute more/less ingredients to suit your tastes. I know this is just salad and not much of a recipe, but sometimes you just need to see how simple everyday items you have on hand can make a delicious meal.
- romaine lettuce cut into ribbons
- grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- red grapes, sliced in half
- toasted almond slices
- dried cranberries
- strawberries, sliced into quarters
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- your favorite salad dressing
- Cut romaine lettuce into ribbons and add to bowl.
- Add grape tomatoes.
- Add grapes.
- Add almond slices for extra crunchiness.
- Add dried cranberries for extra sweetness.
- Wait, I found some strawberries. Add those in too.
- Add some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add sliced chicken breast pieces. (I know Sue, you will skip this part.)
- Mix up your ingredients so you get a little bite of everything. And serve with your favorite salad dressing. (And maybe some extra shredded cheese…)