Believe it or not, this is actually a skinny recipe. And the best part is that it doesn’t taste like a skinny recipe. This zucchini bread tastes like a rich, decadent chocolate cake. But since it is made with Greek yogurt and grated zucchini, it is actually not that bad for you. Can’t complain about that. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself. I made these into 3 mini loaves. You can make using one regular size loaf pan instead.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt, excess liquid drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium sized ones)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips tossed in 1/2 tablespoon of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease mini loaf pans with baking spray. (Or full size loaf pan)
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Put grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until blended. About 1-2 minutes. Add yogurt and mix until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture a little at a time until combined with wet ingredients.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in loaf pan, then remove from pan and finish cooling on baking rack before cutting and serving.