Okay, technically these are my Holiday Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies. But they are amped up to be even more festive and more chocolatey. How can you resist three types of chocolate chips, sweet cranberries, holiday M&M’s and holiday sprinkles?! I know I can’t. Make a batch of these for your favorite little elves and don’t forget about Santa.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup red and green holiday M&M’s
- 1/2 cup red and green holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 large baking sheets with non stick baking mats or use parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a mixer, combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 batches, stirring until just combined.
- Add the dried cranberries/cherries, the 3 types of chocolate chips, M&M’s and holiday sprinkles to the mixture.
- Mix manually with a wooden spoon until all are combined.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake until light golden brown and just set, 8-10 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: These cookies can be baked ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days. This recipe yields about 24 -30 cookies.