Do you need a quick and easy side dish to take to an office party or family gathering? I’m almost embarrassed to share this recipe because it’s really so simple and all the flavor comes from a store bought pesto sauce. But, hey you had to cook the pasta and cut up everything yourself.
- 1 pound rainbow rotini pasta (or whatever shape of your choice)
- 8 ounces cubed Colby Jack or Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3.8 ounce can of sliced black olives, drained
- 3/4-1 cup pesto or Italian dressing of your choice
- 8 ounces hard salami cubes (this is optional. I didn’t have any on hand but it tastes wonderful in the salad.)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Chill in ice bath and remove once pasta is cool.
- While pasta is cooking, cut up cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, and salami if using.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and stir in pesto. Mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight for the next day.