It is summer time. Days of 100 F degree weather are the norm here. The nice thing about summer is the abundance of fruit available. And I tend to buy more than we can eat before they go bad. Here is a great way to use some of your extra fruit up and a healthy alternative to store bought corn syrup and whatever else popsicles. Plus, who doesn’t like a nice cold popsicle on a hot day? If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use plastic cups and popsicles sticks with cling wrap to hold them in place. Feel free to switch up your ingredients. I just used what I had on hand, but there are tons of different combinations out there. This recipe yields 6.
- 3 cups watermelon chunks
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 nectarine, sliced
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a blender, puree the watermelon chunks.
- Fill 1/4 of your molds with watermelon puree.
- Add equal amounts of each fruit into the molds.
- Pour the rest of the watermelon puree to the fill line on each of the molds.
- Freeze your filled molds for 4 to 6 hours; overnight is best.