Hello everyone! I know I’ve been missing in action lately. I had every intention of blogging my Christmas goodies prior to Christmas. But alas, the week before Christmas I came down with the worst cold I have had in years. So I was lucky enough to get through the holiday and get my Christmas goodie boxes out to the family and friends. I just didn’t have the energy to blog afterwards. Here are my red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate cream cheese frosting. They came out really well considering it felt like everything I baked or cooked this Christmas was on autopilot due to all the cold medicine I had flowing through me. This recipe makes 30 cupcakes.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce bottle of red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 package (6oz total) Baker’s White Chocolate bars
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 f degrees. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color, vanilla and vinegar. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large mixing bowl for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla extract, lemon juice and powdered sugar. Beat for another 2 minutes.
- Pipe onto cupcakes and garnish with sprinkles of your choice.