I had planned to make nine different cookies for my Christmas goodie boxes this year. But getting sick right before Christmas ruined my plans. I was able to make four differents cookies but I had to stop there. My ambition was there, but my energy level was exhausted by then. Since I had a ton of extra chocolates not being used now, I decided to try my hand at making a chocolate bark. Surprisingly simple to make and quite tasty to boot.
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided (1 teaspoon and 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place dark chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Microwave on half power in 30 second intervals, stirring between each time, until melted.
- Place white chocolate chips in a separate bowl with remaining coconut oil. Repeat microwave directions until chips are melted.
- Spread dark chocolate out on prepared sheet pan.
- Drizzle white chocolate over dark chocolate. Use a butter knife and drag through drizzles to make a pretty pattern. (Yeah, I know mine isn’t dragged or pretty. But I was sick!)
- Sprinkle with pistachios and dried cranberries. Chill until hardened. Break into small pieces and serve.