I haven’t jumped into the Instant pot craze yet. I think it is probably because most my recipes can be made in 30 minutes or less anyway. But I do love having a crock pot! All you have to do is put all the ingredients in and set your temperature to either high or low and then set the timer and go about your day. My crock pot will even keep the ingredients warm after the timer has completed. So if you have other things going on or say, maybe you forget you had something cooking, (um, not speaking from experience) the “keep warm” feature will not make all your hard effort get cold and go bad.
I bought another one of those organic chicken packs that come with two breasts and four drumsticks. (Those organic chickens must look funny.) So I thought I’d pull out the crock pot and put it to use. If you do not have a crock pot, that’s quite okay. You can still use this recipe and put everything in a baking dish and bake at 350 F degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- 1 whole cut up chicken (or all thighs, all drumsticks or two breasts and four drumsticks pack like I used.)
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 cup ketchup (low sodium if you have)
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro (whichever taste you prefer)
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Arrange chicken on the bottom of your crock pot. Do not season chicken with salt as there is plenty of sodium in the other ingredients. You can season chicken with pepper if you would like though. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, honey, lite soy sauce, chicken broth, ketchup, sriracha and parsley or cilantro. Whisk until mixed well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces.
- Close with a lid and cook for 4 to 5 hours on LOW, or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
- Remove lid and transfer chicken to a serving plate.
Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice or salad.