Yes, it’s another chicken wing recipe from me. I can’t help myself. I just love trying out all different flavors of chicken wings. This recipe is fairly simple and for a change I had all the ingredients so, why not? If you like sweet and spicy, then you are going to love these wings. Best of all the spice level is up to you.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings (about 20 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha ( or more if you like it really spicy, less if you can’t handle too much spice)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- green onions for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees and place metal rack on top of large baking pan. Be sure to use cooking spray on the rack so the chicken skin does not stick.
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, toss chicken wings with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place wings on wire rack and cook 45-50 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- While chicken is baking, add honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, garlic and ginger into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer until the flavors meld and the sauce reduces slightly for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer baked wings to a large bowl and toss with glaze.
- Return to rack and broil for 2-3 minutes until glaze is caramelized.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.