After weeks of health issues and doctor and specialists appointments, I just want to think about something else. ANYTHING else. These days, I have been making easy recipes. Some are so embarrassingly easy I just can’t get the nerve to post them on this blog. This recipe is probably one of them. Don’t be too hard on me. Remember, I’ve not been well lately.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 empty soup can of water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 pack Lipton onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Prepare a 9″ x 13″ baking dish by greasing with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix rice, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, water, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Pour rice mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture.
- Salt and pepper each chicken breast.
- Spoon equal amounts of dry onion soup mix on top of each chicken breast.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. No peaking!
- Garnish with chopped parsley. (Optional)