When you have a big family dinner planned it’s hard to give all your dishes your full attention. So take help where you can, and go the semi homade route. This quick recipe is an excellent side dish and if you substitute the chicken stock for vegetable stock it can be vegetarian too.
- 1/2 stick of butter or 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 red or yellow onion, chooped
- 1 package (6 ounces) Ocean Spray Craisins® (dried cranberries)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 package (14 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix
- Poultry seasoning optional
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- Heat the butter or oil in a 3 quart sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the apples, celery and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock to the saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the stuffing and dried cranberries and mix lightly.
- Add additional poultry seasoning to taste. (This is optional, as the stuffing mix is already seasoned.) Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot. (For crunchier stuffing, bake uncovered.)