Rejoice chocoholics! Have I got a cupcake for you! I’ll give you the scratch recipe, but feel free to go the semi homade route and start with your favorite box of chocolate cake mix. The frosting is made with all the extra help you can get. So no judgements made here. These are great to share with your friends, families or co workers. The holidays are coming up, make a batch for your next holiday party.
- 2cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chocolate fudge topping
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- package (14.3 oz) Oreo chocolate creme sandwich cookies, crushed
- Pre heat oven to 325 F degrees.
- If you are using a packaged cake mix, prepare as directions state. Otherwise go to next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add oil, coffee and milk and mix at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 more minutes. Expect batter to be thin.
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling cups half full.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when gently touched. Cool in pans 3 minutes. Remove from pans; use end of wooden spoon to poke 3 holes into each hot cupcake.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate fudge topping uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until thin and pourable. Spoon over warm cupcakes. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting mixture.
- In medium bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with whisk about 4 minutes or until soft set. Fold in whipped topping with spatula.
- Stir all but 1/2 cups crushed cookies into pudding mixture.
- Spoon frosting mixture on tops of cupcakes. Top with remaining crushed cookies.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.