Although I like to make scratch recipes, sometimes taking a short cut and making something semi-homemade works best for me. These truffle balls would be fun to make with kids and since I’m a kid at heart, these were great fun for me to make. To be honest, I did not care for the raspberry gummy candies. Next time I will use a different type of candy. But others in my family loved them. So, it’s all a matter of preference. This recipe yields 24 truffles.
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 box your favorite chocolate cake mix
- 24 raspberry jelly candies (I used Haribo Black and Red Raspberry Gummies)
- sprinkles for garnish
- Melt butter in the microwave until in liquid form.
- Combine melted butter and chocolate cake mix. Be sure to mix well.
- Spoon a rounded tablespoon of batter into your hand and flatten.
- Place raspberry gummy in the middle of the flattened circle and enclose with chocolate batter.
- Roll into a ball between your hands.
- Roll the chocolate truffle into sprinkles.
- Set onto wax paper.
- Place in refrigerator to allow to firm and dry. Serve after chilling for one hour.