Like a mindless robot, I always buy bananas every time I go grocery shopping. And then I come home to find my fruit bowl full of bananas I still haven’t eaten. Please tell me I’m not the only one that does that?! So my options are eat some bananas; freeze some bananas; or make something with the extra bananas. Today I chose the last option. I decided to make mini loaves so I am not committed to having to eat a whole size loaf in a few days. And I can always freeze or give away the others. But you are more than welcome to make a whole size loaf.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or use baking spray on 3 mini loaf pans (5.75 x 3 x 2 inch) or one loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inch)
- Cream both sugars and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 40-45 minutes. (1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes if making regular size loaf.)
- Insert toothpick into center of a loaf to check if done. If toothpick comes out clean it is done.
- Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and place back on rack to completely cool before slicing.