I know. Egg salad. Not much of a recipe. But I always like to put a little “extra love” into my recipes. So this is not just plain old chopped eggs and mayonnaise. It is MY version of an egg salad sandwich. And there is no mustard in this recipe. Why? Well, because I just don’t like mustard. But feel free to substitute it for the caesar salad dressing if you prefer. This will be posting around Easter. So maybe you have some extra hard boiled eggs you need to use?
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 spear kosher dill pickle, diced (one quarter of a whole kosher dill pickle)
- 1-2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, dice celery, pickle, onion and romaine lettuce. Add to a bowl.
- After eggs have sat in the saucepan for 15 minutes, remove the eggs from the hot water. Let eggs cool. Then peel and chop eggs.
- Add your chopped eggs into the bowl with prepared vegetables.
- Then add mayonnaise, caesar salad dressing, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Stir to combine. You may serve now or place bowl (covered) in your refrigerator to chill before eating.
- Use your favorite type of bread to make the sandwich and serve with fruit on the side. Enjoy!
- Makes 4-6 sandwiches depending how much you like to stuff them. 🙂