Hello everyone! I hope this new year brings you much happiness. I’ve been taking it so easy these days that I almost missed posting a recipe for this month! I made these shortbread cookies for part of my annual holiday cookies and fudge gift boxes last month. But you don’t need a special occasion to make these. Any day is a good day for cookies! This recipe makes 24 cookies.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl (mix together until creamy.)
- Add flour 1 cup at a time until all of the flour is well incorporated with the butter and sugar.
- Mix in white chocolate, cranberries and macadamia nuts. The dough will be very thick.
- Form 1 1/2 inch balls (flatten them if you wish) and place them on cookies sheets. NOTE: These cookies do not expand so you can place them about one inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes (for moist center) or until you see the edges turning brown. Cook 12 minutes if you like a harder shortbread cookie.
- Let cool on cookie racks and store in air tight containers.