Once again, the blogging community has shown me how friendly, encouraging and supportive they can be. I have been nominated for not just one, but two blogging awards this week. As always, I am honored and surprised to receive recognition for my little blog. Thanks to Charlotte at Tales of Chinese Cooking for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. And thanks to Yen at Little Calico’s Journal for giving me my second nomination for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Be sure to stop by both their lovely blogs.
Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person that has nominated you
- Share 7 different facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
Rules for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award:
- Put the Award logo on your blog
- Thank the person who nominate you, linking back to their site
- Answer 10 questions the person asked you
- Nominate 10 blogs and notify them
- Write 10 new questions for them
Since both awards have similar rules, I’m just going to combine them so this post doesn’t go on forever.
Questions and Answers:
Q: What type of weather do you like?
- Born and raised in California, so I like sunny weather.
Q: What is your favorite color?
Q: What is your favorite drink?
- Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. (Don’t judge me.)
Q: What is your favorite pastime?
- Going to see movies.
Q: What do you find inspiring?
- People who take the time to help others without regard to themselves.
Q: Do you have pets?
- No, but I really want a little dog.
Q: Do you cook?
- I try my best. 🙂
Q: Coffee or tea?
- Coffee of course!
Q: If you could only live on one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Chicken breasts.
Q: Use three words to describe yourself.
- Quiet, loyal and silly.
Nominees for either or both awards, because you all are lovely people with awesome blogs:
Evgenia at Living on Annette
Chelsey at Diaries of a Recovering Diet Addict
Carol at Retired? No one told me!
Ishita at Twisted Top in Flip Flops
Lynz at Lynz Real Cooking
The Mouse at Live2EatEat2Live Blog (And yes, Mouse I know you are a Mickey and not a Minnie. So Versatile Blogger Award for you. But feel free to choose both.)
Bec at What’s Bec Cooking
Koolaidmoms at What’s for Dinner Moms?
Dawn and Rachel at Meals Our Kids Love
Linda and Heidi at Fabulous Fare Sisters
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Nominees 10 Questions:
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What is your favorite music?
- If you could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be?
- Who do you most admire in life?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do?
- If you could witness any event in the past, present or future, what would it be?
- What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
- What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
- Who would you most like to be stuck on an elevator with and why?
- Aren’t you glad I only asked 9 questions? 🙂
A big heartfelt “Thank You” to Charlotte at Tales of Chinese Cooking and Yen at Little Calico’s Journal for nominating me for these awards. And thanks to all those who follow my blog and/or hit the “like” button on my posts. It really keeps me motivated to continue blogging my recipes.