The hardest part of this recipe for me was finding somewhere that sold Jerk seasoning. I looked up and down the spice aisle. Then I tried the international aisle of my local grocery store. Still couldn’t find it. I tried the store across the way from my favorite grocery store. Still couldn’t find it. I found every other type of seasoning spices. Finally I did an internet search. I found it on Amazon of all places. Finally! This recipes is actually very tasty and not as spicy as I like since my son can’t handle spicy foods. So feel free to adjust the amount of seasoning you use according to your tastes.
- 1 pound Gemelli pasta (or Penne pasta will work too)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- . Season chicken breasts all over using 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning per chicken breast.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
- Add remaining oil and cook peppers until mostly tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add green onions and garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. Season with remaining tablespoon jerk seasoning.
- Add chicken stock and heavy cream and let simmer until thickened, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice prepared chicken.
- Add Parmesan and stir until melted and creamy, then add pasta and chicken and toss until completely combined.
- Garnish with green onions and more Parmesan and serve.