Do you need a quick side dish or even a main entree? Here’s a recipe even my vegetarian friends can eat. The sauce is not quite an Alfredo Sauce but has most the elements of one. I love how everything is cooked in one pot, because I like to cook, but I hate to clean up.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently, until fragrant; about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken/vegetable broth, milk and fettuccine.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer. Stir occasionally until pasta is cooked through, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add more milk if mixture is too thick; or more cheese if too thin.
- Add Kosher salt and fresh cracked blck pepper to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.