Hello everyone! It’s officially the holiday season once again. It’s also my favorite time of the year for baking and cooking. I thought I’d start off with something really easy to make. Sugared cranberries are great for garnishing your desserts or dessert trays or even as a sweet and sour treat all on it’s own.
- 3 cups granulated sugar divided (2 cups & 1 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- Combine 2 cups of sugar with the 2 cups water in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Do not bring to a boil!
- Remove from heat as soon as sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, add cranberries. Top with the sugar syrup you just made and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight is best.
- After your cranberries have soaked, drain off syrup completely and allow to sit in strainer for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour remaining 1 cup of sugar in a gallon Ziploc bag. Add cranberries and shake until all cranberries have been well coated.
- Empty contents of bag onto a wire rack (with pan or foil underneath to catch excess sugar.)
- Let cranberries dry for at least an hour.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use as garnish.