I hate when I have my mind set on a recipe just to find I am out of or don’t have enough of an ingredient. This was going to be a honey lime chicken recipe. Unfortunately the lime I thought was in the refrigerator turned out to be a lemon. So plan B is what I present to you. This recipe takes longer to marinade than it does to cook. So for all you busy people out there, marinade before you go out and come home and bake for 25 minutes and you are done. You can substitute the breasts with any part of the chicken you like, and of course with skin on and bone-in chicken as well. Just be sure to adjust your cooking time.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice (from orange you just zested)
- 1/4 cup mango nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Add chicken breasts to a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl add garlic, honey, soy sauce, orange zest, orange juice, mango nectar and red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine marinade.
- Add marinade to chicken. Make sure the marinade is distributed equally among the pieces. Cover in plastic wrap. Let marinade at least 1 hour. Be sure to turn chicken breasts over after 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap cover from baking dish.
- Place chicken in oven, baking for 23-25 minutes.
- Serve with sides of your choice.