Do you need a dish to bring to a potluck? Or perhaps just want to change up taco night? Try making these taco cups. With just a few ingredients and a couple of cupcake pans you can make these gorgeous bite size wonders. This recipe yields 24 taco cups.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (1.25 ounces or 3 tablespoons of your own taco seasoning)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , diced
- 1 can diced green chilies (4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 48 thin wonton wrappers
- sour cream for garnish
- green onions or cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Generously cover two cupcake pans in non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Over medium high heat brown the grown beef in a skillet. Drain the excess fat when beef is done.
- Add taco seasoning, green chilies and 3/4 of your diced tomatoes to ground beef and stir to combine. Turn off heat. Reserve the rest of your diced tomatoes for garnish.
- Line each cup of your prepared cupcake pans with one wonton wrapper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of meat mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Press down and add another layer of wonton wrapper, meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden.
- Add sour cream, reserved tomatoes and green onions or cilantro as garnish.